Thursday, September 6, 2007

Age creepeth on...

So the right hip was getting pretty sore, and the mobility was going downhill rapidly (this is him, not her...).

A visit to the doctor, a new x-ray, and lo and behold - a handicap sticker for the car.

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never knew how good it is to park so close to the store or the post office. That is, it would be really good to know if there weren't some other bugger (also with the sticker) ALREADY PARKED THERE! Hmmff. I could really get into the crusty old fart routine if I reallly wanted to. However, the privilege comes with a sad thought. In all my days I never thought I would join the league of the physically handicapped. I realise now that my body is not immortal (as we all thougth in our 20's), and all those days of leaping about the gym floor playing vicious competetive badminton had a price. Plus the joys of down-hill skiing (started at age 40) which, in retrospect, may have been a mistake. BUT I can say - "I did that, so I was lucky". So if anyone young is reading this (which I doubt), think carefully about those hours on the gym floor, those km's of jogging (another high-impact sport) and take care of those muscles and tendons.

You just may end up trying to park in the handicapped spot, only to find someone else beat you to it.

No comments: